[AccessD] OT: Moving Web Server

Jim DeMarco Jdemarco at hudsonhealthplan.org
Wed Nov 15 14:07:40 CST 2006

List,

Sorry for the OT but our tech staff is forcing a move of our Intranet
server to a new server machine ASAP.  Current server Windows 2000, new
machine Windows 2003 Server.

Having never lived through a move of this type I'd like to ask you all:
How do we move all of our IIS settings (virtual folders, etc.) to the
new machine?  Are there tools or scripts that we can use to do this?

We've got a number of ASP classic as well as some .NET applications on
the current box that I'm concerned about reconfiguring.

Has anyone done this?  I'd love to hear about what planning I'm going to
need to do in advance and what issues you may have had to overcome.

TIA,

Jim DeMarco
Director of Application Development
Hudson Health Plan