[AccessD] Code Library, Sample Database, Etc.

Gustav Brock Gustav at cactus.dk
Wed Feb 21 06:18:10 CST 2007

Hi William

Our experiences match your comments.
Corruptions - as few as they are - have never been related to Access/JET but some outside source, mostly network issues.

When you have chosen your backend SQL engine, would you mind sharing your considerations?

/gustav

>>> wdhindman at dejpolsystems.com 21-02-2007 00:09:44 >>>
Robert

...msde's proved impractical because of scaling limitations MS built in
...so you're really only talking about SQL Express which is what, months
old?

...and if your only problem with an Access be is corruption, then sorry, but
with the exception of cheap NICS I've not seen a corrupted mdb since A95
...except in client's I took over from other developers and had to rebuild
...and thus corruption is not, in my environment, sufficient cause to spend
the time and money to convert to a non-JET be ...but I'll grant you that I'm
getting long in the tooth and damned reluctant to learn every new db wonder
cure that comes along.

...and while I'm at it, I'll also admit that I'm developing a commercial app
based on a current client that will use a non-JET be because it needs to
scale to at least 50 users ...what that will be depends on some testing yet
to be accomplished but I'm not at all convinced that SQL Express isn't a
one-off dog & pony show for MS.

William Hindman