[AccessD] A2003: SQL Trusted Connection Error to SQL Server 2000

Darren D darren at activebilling.com.au
Mon Nov 17 00:11:07 CST 2008

Hi Team

I have one machine that regardless off what I do it just will not 'connect' to
anything in our SQL Server Databases

I am running some on the fly pass through code for running queries etc in the
SQL dB - (I can forward that if needed)

The passthrough code works like a charm on my machine but always always always
fails on this one machine - I am convinced there is something setup or not setup
on that machine

Anyway even when I pass the user name and password in the connection string for
the SQL Connection it still fails (Debug.print below)

DEBUG.PRINT RESULTS OF THE CONNECTION STRING: ODBC;Driver={SQL
Server};Server=OurServer;Database=SomedB; -u dd; -p xxx123xxx (credentials
changed but you get the idea)

Error Message:

"Connection Failed"

SQL State: '28000'

SQL Server error; 18452 [Microsft] [ODBC SQL Server Driver] [SQL Server] Login
failed for user '(null)'. Reason: not associated with a trusted SQL Server
Connection

So - It claims I am passing a null value in the connection string for the user -
but this is not true

Then when the user clicks ok there is a small SQL server logon screen with the
users name in the Username field

This is killing me - Any suggestions? - Anyone dealt with this before?

DD