[AccessD] OK versus Cancel

Rocky Smolin at Beach Access Software rockysmolin at bchacc.com
Mon Feb 23 11:09:51 CST 2009

Dear List:

I have a client app which opens to a form displaying log in combo, password
text box, a command button labeled OK and a command button labeled Cancel.

The Cancel issues Application.Quit.  The OK checks the password, and lets
the user in of correct.

After entering the password the focus shifted to the OK button.  So far so
good.

Then the client wanted the user not to have to click OK after they entered
the password - just go right to the switchboard if the password was correct.
So I simply added Call cmdOK_Click to the After Update event of the password
text box and walla! no need to click OK.

But now if the user enters a correct password and clicks Cancel, the program
still goes to the switchboard because of the After Update event call.  I
can't see a way in the After Update event to know that the user clicked
Cancel.  Screen.ActiveControl.Name still shows txtPassword.  The After
Update event is triggering before the Cancel click event apparently.

Is there a way to know the user clicked Cancel?

MTIA,

Rocky Smolin

Beach Access Software

858-259-4334