[AccessD] Date standardization

Doug Steele dbdoug at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 16:48:25 CDT 2010

Hi Steve:

I can't disagree with you on this - I can see I'm going to have to check it
out further.  But not right this minute.  All I can tell you right now is
that:

1. It was Access all right.
2. I never carry date values in text fields.  I never set a format in the
field definition, either.
3. The problem was corrected by making sure everyone's computer had the same
regional short date setting.

A vague memory comes to me that I read somewhere that the SQL processing
engine in Access always assumes that dates are in mm/dd/yy format, and has
caused me trouble.  Was that possibly involved?

Doug