[AccessD] Inno Scripts

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Mon Nov 1 03:56:42 CDT 2021

On 1 Nov 2021 at 3:58, Bill Benson wrote:

> Running that script without elevated rights will be interesting to see
> how it goes. Testing on your own machine, where you more than likely
> do have such rights could lead to mistaken impression it will run for
> your customers when possibly it will not. So hopefully you have some
> beta testers on hand who can be your eyes on the ground before you get
> too far into making it all perfect. We generally require powershell
> and it has to be set up by IT to get most registry things to happen.

That's all handled by one line in the script :)

[Setup]: PrivilegesRequired
Valid values:
 admin, or lowest
Default value:
 admin

This directive affects whether elevated rights are requested (via a User Account Control
dialog) when the installation is started.

When set to admin (the default), Setup will always run with administrative privileges and in
administrative install mode. If Setup was started by an unprivileged user, Windows will ask
for the password to an account that has administrative privileges, and Setup will then run
under that account.

When set to lowest, Setup will not request to be run with administrative privileges even if it
was started by a member of the Administrators group and will always run in non
administrative install mode. Do not use this setting unless you are sure your installation will
run successfully on unprivileged accounts.