[AccessD] International Addresses

Stuart McLachlan stuart at lexacorp.com.pg
Thu Nov 11 16:10:33 CST 2021

There are no internalonal common ways to represent addresses.

 You should be aware that household/business delivery is rare or non-existent in many
places, so depending on purpose, you may need to store both a mailing address and a
physical address which may be in different suburbs or even towns.

What is the purpose of storing the data. Do you want to be able to sort/group locations?

It's often best to use a single multi-line field as Address, then have separate
Town/City, State/Province, Country fields.
If you use Address1, Address2, Address3 etc  you will almoste certainly end up with some
records with Country in Address 3 and others with Country in Address 4 or 5 etc.  making
reporting an absolute PITA.