[AccessD] Last Business Day of the Month

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 17:02:30 CDT 2023

Wow, Rocky! Who knew such a seemingly innocent question could lead to such
horror stories? Well, all in the spirit of coding, I guess, and that's why
we love it.

I am at work on a pair of short stories and a piece of journalism. There
was another screenplay in the works but currently it's on the back burner.
That's where I started, and it looks as if that's where I'm ending up. I
hope that once I've completed the two stories, I'll get back to the
screenplay.

Not relevant to the topic, Rocky, but I wonder if you know of one of my
favorite musicians ever -- Zakir Hussain? He's perhaps the foremost tabla
player in the world. I dedicated my first book about programming to him,
and for a reason, although that reason might make sense only to me. He
taught me about the rhythm of coding. If you don't know his stuff, I'd
suggest beginning with "Making Music", with Zakir, John McLaughlin and a
few others. The interplay between John and Zakir is astounding.

Arthur