[dba-SQLServer] another nudge on that DELETE, OUTER JOIN quirk

Susan Harkins harkinsss at bellsouth.net
Mon May 8 15:23:44 CDT 2006

Yeah, the SELECT works on them all -- just not DELETE. I have other
solutions, and I understand the nullability business -- just what little
I've found makes it sound like the DELETE won't work on the many table --
the nullable table, and that doesn't appear to be the case -- it won't work
on either side of the join as far as I can tell.

Susan H.

Try a Select if that works then it is a problem with an non updateable
query.
I know Joe Celko addresses a lot of these outerjoin problems between
different database SQL Syntax in SQL for Smarties.