[dba-SQLServer] SSMS for 2012 Express

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Tue Aug 20 03:21:21 CDT 2013

The goal is that it should boot in the same time that it takes a light bulb
to boot. That goal remains elusive, but in the mean time Win8 is a good
starting point.

Forget about a Win7 choice. If you are determined to stay in the Windows
realm, then go for Win8. It might take your consumers a day or two to
absorb the new UI, but the single most important instruction you can give
them is to tap on the Windows key, which will oscillate between the Modern
interface and the traditional DeskTop interface.

Mind you, I recently converted my aging tower (recently renovated with a
new MotherBoard and new RAM