[dba-Tech] WinXP IE6 problems

Francisco H Tapia my.lists at verizon.net
Fri Nov 21 10:25:20 CST 2003

:D,
  One thing that quickly comes to mind is to locate the Hosts file and check to see if it has any entries made for google, or msn.  it is possible that since "they" upgraded it that "they" modified the hosts file too.  Just do a standard search for hosts and it should turn up.

additionally if your box is going through a proxy that can also yield undesired effects... however it may have been set to go through a proxy by one of the admins.  additionally also is the IP assinged by the DNS controller or is it hardcoded it?

lastly if it all fails, have them re-format and re-install Windows XP pro, upgrades seldom go well :(

--
-Francisco