[dba-Tech] Kodak EasyShare DX6340

Shamil Salakhetdinov shamil at SMSConsulting.spb.ru
Mon Sep 22 09:45:33 CDT 2003

Gary,

Thanks for you info on Kodak photocamera you use.
In P.S. is the link and the info from the second site,which you referenced:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/kodak_02272003_dx6340.html

Looks good enough for recommended price of USD329?

Shamil

P.S.

Kodak EasyShare DX6340 Zoom Digital Camera Combines Advanced User Performance, Ease of Use and Value
The Kodak EasyShare DX6340 zoom digital camera is designed and priced ideally for photographers who want to capture and share photos while enjoying a full range of advanced creative features. The camera has a professional quality Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon 4X optical zoom lens, which when combined with the large maximum aperture of f2.2 allows the camera to capture exceptionally sharp pictures even in extremely low light. In addition, the camera features an all-new high-speed precision auto-focus system, which allows focus lock in almost complete darkness. The system also provides exceptionally fast focus lock and has a flash range of almost 20 feet - performance rarely seen in cameras at this price level.

With the stylish 3.1 megapixel (MP) DX6340 - the smallest 4X optical zoom camera on the market today - consumers can choose between simple point-and-shoot modes or from a host of advanced user modes including aperture and shutter priority. Print quality, up to 11"x14", shows exceptional performance when compared to most competitors in the same product class in internal Kodak benchmark testing. The DX6340 will debut in May at a suggested retail price of $329.

The DX6340 produces clear pictures with exceptional color under any lighting condition thanks to Kodak's Color Science algorithms, which are designed to match the vivid colors of traditional photography.

Kodak EasyShare DX6340 Zoom Digital Camera Features

  a.. 3.1 MP resolution (2048x1536 pixels) for great quality prints up to 11" x 14"
  b.. 4X optical f2.2-13 Schneider-Kreuznach Variogon Zoom lens (3.5X Advanced Digital Zoom available, total 14x Zoom)
  c.. 1.8" High Resolution Indoor/Outdoor LCD display, easily readable indoor/outdoor, even in direct sunlight
  d.. Multiple picture-taking modes: Portrait, Automatic, Close-up, Landscape, Sport, Night, Burst, Aperture Priority, Shutter priority
  e.. High speed, precision low light auto focus system, allows focus lock in almost total darkness. The system utilizes two sensors - a rapid external passive contrast sensor and a highly accurate TTL (through the lens) sensor to precisely define the subject.
  f.. On-camera "share" button for simple printing, e-mailing and organizing
  g.. Exceptional color quality under any lighting condition with Kodak color science inside
  h.. 16MB internal memory and MultiMediaCard/Secure Digital expansion slot for additional picture-taking, storing and sharing
  i.. Auto picture rotation for viewing on camera, personal computer or TV
  j.. "Capture always ready" capability lets users snap a picture in any camera function setting (e.g., review mode)
  k.. Three image-quality levels (3.1MP, 2.1MP, 1.1MP)
  l.. Flash range: wide - 0.5-5.9m (1.6-19.4ft); tele - 0.75-2.7m (2.5-8.9ft) @ ISO 200
  m.. Continuous digital video with sound, limited only by the size of internal memory or memory card
  n.. Four flash modes: automatic, fill, red-eye and off
  o.. ISO equivalency auto and selectable (100, 200, 400)
  p.. Aperture: wide f/2.2-5.6; tele f/4.8-13
  q.. Color, sepia, black-and-white modes
  r.. Storage for 32 e-mail addresses
  s.. Albuming to organize your pictures when you take them
  t.. White balance: auto, daylight, tungsten, fluorescent
  u.. Auto-exposure with matrix metering
  v.. Shutter speed 4-1/2000 second
  w.. 10 second self-timer
  x.. Dedicated delete, review and share buttons
  y.. Compatible with optional Kodak EasyShare camera dock 6000 and Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000
Package Contents
  a.. Kodak EasyShare DX6340 Zoom Digital Camera
  b.. CRV3 lithium battery or equivalent
  c.. Video out cable
  d.. USB cable
  e.. Wrist strap
  f.. Kodak EasyShare Software CD
  g.. Documentation
  h.. Custom camera insert for optional Kodak EasyShare camera docks (Kodak EasyShare camera dock 6000 and Kodak EasyShare printer dock 6000)