[dba-Tech] Determine if modem should answer or not.

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Tue Nov 9 10:59:53 CST 2004

I'm pretty sure connection squatting is illegal... I know the ISP's here
don't like you sharing it with other people either. Probably cos it means
they won't get their pound of flesh.

I tried the dial up line for my broadband with my brother, and when I was
using broadband, he couldn't dial in and vice versa - their reasoning was
"how can you use a pc at home and somewhere else at the same time?" I said
that my dad uses broadband at home and if I was somewhere else, why couldn't
I dial in too? I pay the bills etc... but they weren't having any of it.

Jon