[dba-Tech] AV Updates

Andy Lacey andy at minstersystems.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 08:55:51 CDT 2004

Another admin question along the 'is this normal' line.

When a laptop has been out and about for a few weeks, and comes back into
the office we won't let it on the network until it has had its virus defs
updated and had a full virus scan. But it can only get on the internet via
the netowrk, so how to get it up-to-date virus defs? What we do is download
them (Symantec, using Intelligent Updater), put them on a CD, and update the
laptop from that. Is this the normal/only/best/c**p way to do this?

--
Andy Lacey
http://www.minstersystems.co.uk