[dba-Tech] My New Piece of Cra...I mean, Printer

Jon Tydda Jon.Tydda at alcontrol.co.uk
Thu Dec 7 10:42:53 CST 2006

My gut feeling is that it's the cartridge, but experience has told me that
if you spend $30 on a cartridge, it'll be the printer that's bust, and
no-one's going to accept an opened printer cartridge as a return...

All our laser printers at work are on a maintenance agreement, when they go
wrong, someone else fixes them for me. I love it. The colour inkjets are
"disposable". If I can't fix it in half an hour, my instructions are to
strip them for useful parts, then bin them and buy new ones. Your Dell
printer sounds like it's a lot cheaper than the inkjets we buy, so as it was
free, I'd probably prod about at it for ten minutes or so, then chuck it
personally...

You might ask your friends if any of them have a dell cartridge you can
try...

Jon