[dba-Tech] Word indexing and notes question

Susan Harkins ssharkins at setel.com
Thu Mar 22 15:07:40 CDT 2007

I know how to use Word's indexing and footnoting features pretty well, but
both have defaults that I can't seem to change:

1.) Indexing automatically includes page numbers. Now, I know it seems to
defeat the purpose, but my manuscripts aren't layed out in Word. I just need
a list for indexing purposes. Right now, I have to manually delete all the
page numbers.

2.) When footnoting a manuscript, I'd prefer that the notes themselves be in
regular type, not the default footnote text. Also, I'd rather the numbers
NOT be superscript in the note text.

Any help?
Susan H.