[dba-Tech] Outlook question

Heenan, Lambert Lambert.Heenan at chartisinsurance.com
Fri Dec 11 08:49:57 CST 2009

AFIK, Outlook has had various security patches in place for year that prevent it from running any scripts in HTML formatted messages and to hide unhealthy attachments. See this old article for instance...
http://windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=9132

In any case it's pretty lame to say "don't open a message, you might get a virus infection." This might be true of you have no or out of date anti-virus software but only a very foolish Windows user would do that. No?

Lambert