[dba-Tech] Stubborn portal

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 1 14:22:31 CST 2012

Under normal contions I would suggest check to see whether particular
JavaScript module was being blocked, the page DOCTYPE was set to strict, or
the station is not in the same domain (that can affect certain functions)
but obviously not the case.

As the problem is in all browsers the issue must be in the registry
somewhere. Do a comparison. Very unlikely but always possible there may be a
DLL or API missing or corrupted from the offending OS. (Was there any
installs recently that only partially completed or a virus that was recently
removed as they sometimes leave corruption behind?)

One more question, what is the defult IE version as the code links to a
different CSS set and JS modules if the app thinks the browser is less than
or equal to IE8. Temporarily remove them from the code and see what happens.

My bet, without further observation, would be that it is OS and registry
issue.

If you could forward the pcap file, I would forward it on to my SiL as he is
a packet expert.

Jim

PS the site works fine here but the browser requested some JavaScript module
install before proceeding...I wouldn't think it is related.