[dba-Tech] "Depend on me, and I'll set you free!"

Hans-Christian Andersen hans.andersen at phulse.com
Tue Feb 5 11:24:22 CST 2013

Aye. Agreed. Working with web applications, more often than not, the database is the heart of the application.

Also, sometimes requirements may change (this is the reality of life and business), so you can't have all your data structures perfectly set up off the bat. Which is why most modern web applications have middleware to handle database migrations.

Rails and Django handle this very well out of the box. I would not work without it again.

- Hans