[dba-Tech] "Depend on me, and I'll set you free!"

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Wed Feb 6 11:30:39 CST 2013

 Hi Gustav --

<<<
That said, I cannot imagine how you can test anything
without having the database.

Are you kidding again? :)

Of course you cannot test *everything* without having the database if your application uses database but I'd note that testing with database belongs to *integration* testing: as for unit testing and  business layer/business use cases testing - you don't need to have database to test all that even if you application in test does use database back-end.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

Среда,  6 февраля 2013, 14:23 +01:00 от "Gustav Brock" <gustav at cactus.dk>:
>Hi Stuart and Peter
>
>That is not fully correct.
>
>With Visual Studio and the Entity Framework you can, in fact, code (write?)
>your classes and methods and - when finished - it will create a database
>schema that fits.
>I have only played with it, but it is fun and quite amazing what it can do.
>If you make changes, the framework adjusts the schema to fit.
>
>That said, I cannot imagine how you can test anything without having the
>database.
>
>Read about Code First here:
>http://visualstudiomagazine.com/articles/2011/05/01/pfint_ef-code-first.aspx
>
>/gustav