[dba-Tech] LibreSSL anyone?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 24 15:09:20 CDT 2014

There is now a group of developers from the OpenBSD projects that are working on an updated version of OpenSSL. Comparisons between the OpenOffice and LibreOffice packages are apparent...LibreOffice is a complete rebuild of OO and superior in so many ways.

http://www.libressl.org

How long this just announced project will take before it is ready for prime time is anyone's guess. I would assume it will have the attention of a number of users and players that have been using OpenSSL. The only downside I can see is that it is being developed first in OpenBSD (UNIX) but the migration to Linux is inevitable.

Right now though the project is actively looking for donations but it should be noted the some of the A team in the developers world would be working on the project. For example: Theo de Raadt who is one of the strong proponents and main developer of the OpenBSD project will be actively assisting.