[dba-Tech] LibreSSL anyone?

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 24 17:14:53 CDT 2014

PS:

A new announcement that Amazon Web Services, Cisco, Dell, Facebook, Intel, Microsoft, NetApp, Qualcomm, Rackspace, VMware, IBM, Google, Fujitsu, HP, Red Hat, Oracle and Ubuntu and probably many more of the major and minor players, under the Linux Foundation, Core Infrastructure Initiative, on the web have decided that it is about time to participate, in fixing OpenSSL. (They must have been listening to my rant of a week ago.) No project could be more important for anyone wishing to deter hackers, thieves, foreign spies and government agents from hacking everyone's company. It is good to see them all working together against a common enemy.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/04/24/linux_foundation_core_infrastructure

I would suspect some of the finest code ever created will come out of this venture. I also think that this could be the start off a master Core Infrastructure Initiative, that will build out our enterprise Linux internet towards a fully encrypted and secure web.