[dba-Tech] FYI: PrePros - an awesome Web design and development tool...

Salakhetdinov Shamil mcp2004 at mail.ru
Sun Jan 12 17:10:19 CST 2014

 Hi Jim --

That is great set of tutorials on RWD. Thank you.

Yes, Hans advises would be very helpful but waiting for them would be a procrastination. Let's hope Hans will find some time to get here from his everyday work and personal duties.

Applying Pareto Principle/80-20 rule to the RWD meta-languages/frameworks selection I'd suppose my proposed "minimum minimorum" set is good enough. I mean if I will need some other meta-languages/frameworks/tools for RWD that would be used in 20% of my RWD development cases, probably less. As I have already noted it's time to make decision. And to start ascending the learning curve, which promise to be quite steep.

<<<
There there is the BE and that can extend from any set of databases, from the standards to Node.JS.

I didn't talk about it here as I currently prefer/know ASP.NET/C# and MS SQL for back-end/server side. I doubt I will have any time to learn and apply in real life projects other backend technologies in the near future (this year).

If I'd have time(read: 48 hours long day and enough strength/non-tired brain cells to keep working during half of that 48 hours long day  :) )  I'd consider to learn/use also for real life apps/web solutions the following technologies:

- Ubuntu/Linux;
- node.js, Python, PHP ;
- MySql/MariaDB, PostgreSQL;

And NoSQL should also be taken into consideration - my "primary selection list" is the following:
- Hadoop, MongoDB, CouchDB, Amazon DynamoDB.

Thank you.

-- Shamil

P.S. I have tried to post a reply to you here three times - it was bounced because of total text length, even when most of quoted text was trimmed. I have trimmed all of the quoted text now. Let's see how this text will be posted....