[dba-Tech] FYI: PrePros - an awesome Web design and development tool...

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Mon Jan 13 12:17:28 CST 2014

Hi Shamil:

Those posts were getting a little long for sure.

That is the truth as you just have to start somewhere...it is always nice to find a client who will pay while you learn. Right now I am in a position to take my time but it is too easy to procrastinate.

Everything is Oracle here; in all big businesses and government...almost a closed shop. Aside: There were only a very few MS SQL sites around even though I encourage the powers to be. It ended up with me getting most of my DB work in Oracle...it was a little disappointing but at least it paid. If Oracle was not so established, locally, it may (have) give(n) other database, other than Oracle.

Here is an interesting article on the state of databases:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2014/01/dbengines/