[dba-Tech] No Headphone Output

Jim Lawrence accessd at shaw.ca
Fri Mar 14 13:00:53 CDT 2014

Hi Tina:

That does sound very strange but who knows...

Had a problem last week with a earphone jack that broke off inside the connector. The problem was not that it broke but that the hole was so small no tools could be found to remove it. Even a trusted computer shop figured it would require the laptop to be taken apart. A friend decided to try using some dental tools, he had just been given and managed to pull out most of the jack and pushed the rest inside and we removed the second piece through memory access panel on the laptop bottom. (It was the standard three pole jack...)

When you get the earphones with the four pole jack, and it works, maybe you can explain what are the difference and why it is needed?