[dba-Tech] How to remove a directory when access is denied

Arthur Fuller fuller.artful at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 02:43:37 CDT 2017

Thanks, Peter and Gustav. Your replies beg the question, How do I run CMD
with admin rights? I suppose that the MS people think they are protecting
me from doing something stilly, but on occasion I do in fact want to do
something silly and/or destructive. I'm tired of folks trying to protect me
from my will to destroy the worlds I inhabit I just want to eradicate all
traces of MS-SQL and start over. I have the disks for 2008 ++, and want to
erase every previous trace of said installations. I have backup software
from which I can create an image sans the MS-SQL stuff.

You might ask, Why do I want to do this? Well, a number of job postings of
interest demand acquaintance with SQL 2008, which I abandoned years back.
So I have to remove everything to do with MS-SQL and then install those
pieces, one virgin at a time. But the OS won't easily let me nuke the whole
"Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server" directory and all its children.

How can I do this?

A.

​