[dba-Tech] NetGear NightHawk Router

Tina N Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Thu Aug 6 14:10:47 CDT 2020

I hope somebody on this list has figured this one out.

Because my main router is starting to fail, I bought a new one to
replace it. But, oh boy, am I having trouble.

Monday - I have it all set up and I've power cycled my modem. Hook it up
and everything cycles in except it never gets to the Internet. Called
tech support at my ISP; they said they had to make an adjustment at
their end, and that it should all work in about another fifteen minutes.
No, it did not work. A tech was coming the next day to take care of a
cable problem, so it was agreed he would take a look at the new router, too.

When I told him what kind of router it is, he said he'd run into them
before and that they are a little tricky because they require
registration before they can access the Internet. We looked through the
setup together and could not find any way to get this thing connected.

I have the NightHawk app downloaded on my phone, but it can't get
through to register the router, either - it finds no Internet.

What the heck! Maybe, if I keep the old router connected, log into the
new router, use the phone app to register, while there is an Internet
connection through the old router - could that work?

Has anybody here dealt with this thing? It seems like a device that
requires a connection in order to register so that it can have a
connection. That's goofy!

Thanks for any help,

Tina Norris Fields
231-322-2787