[dba-Tech] Outlook and profile picture

Susan Harkins ssharkins at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 12:23:48 CDT 2021

Hi everyone - I ran into an interesting problem with Outlook and the
Microsoft account profile picture feature. Although I have a profile picture
through my account and it shows in Outlook, it doesn't display on the
recipient's side - even testing it on my second account didn't work.

I understand that there can be non-Microsoft recipient issues that simply
can't be resolved, but it should show when I send it to my other account, at
least I thought.

A little research later and it seems to be a domain issue. I use gmail and I
do have a profile picture - a different picture - there as well.

So, Outlook won't show the picture to the recipient when using gmail. Nor
can I get Outlook to display the gmail profile picture.

Lots and lots of stuff out there but haven't found anything that tells me
how to fix this. I did read something very old about having to copy the
profile picture to google drive and jumping through several hoops - I didn't
test that and that's just too much work to put in if it fails.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks in advance!

Susan H.