[dba-Tech] Zoom and audiodg.exe MAYBE SOLVED

Tina N Fields tinanfields at torchlake.com
Sat Jan 30 13:55:46 CST 2021

So, after about four days of attempting to update the Realtek High
Definition Audio drivers, and having the process fail repeatedly, and
when it did finally succeed, it still didn't work as far as producing
any sound. I found a presentation by Gmodism Total Nerdery Channel on
You Tube, in which I learned that Realtek audio drivers often don't seem
to work. Instead, just using the built-in High Definition Audio drivers
fixes the problem. Wow! Who knew? Now, when I launch Zoom, instead of
getting a couple dozen entries for audiodg.exe in the resources monitor,
I get two. And, instead of waiting out the "not responding" distress,
the session starts right up. So, it seems that the problem is solved.

Thought you all may want to know about this.

Tina Norris Fields
231-322-2787
tinanfields-at-torchlake-dot-com