[dba-Tech] Network puzzles

Gustav Brock gustav at cactus.dk
Sat Oct 9 02:13:34 CDT 2021

Hi Tina

Check that you have SMBv2/SMBv3 enabled on both machines with this PowerShell command:

Get-SmbServerConfiguration | Select EnableSMB1Protocol, EnableSMB2Protocol

If the unsecure SMBv1 is enabled, you should be able turn it off, unless you have other devices (old printer) that only can use SMBv1.

Full story:

Steps to Enable and Disable SMBv1, SMBv2, and SMBv3 in Windows Servers – Cloud, VPS and Dedicated Hosting Knowledgebase (bodhost.com)<https://kb.bodhost.com/steps-to-enable-and-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-servers/>

/gustav