[dba-VB] Vb.net changed events

John W. Colby jwcolby at colbyconsulting.com
Wed Jan 12 08:23:59 CST 2005

Jim,

I understand that controls are "just code" in .net and thus you can inherit
them just like anything else, adding whatever you wish to them.  What I was
specifically referring to are all of the "Changed" events listed for (for
example) the text control.  Go into the Editor, select a control in the left
hand combo and drop down the right hand combo.  Notice all the XXXXXChanged
events where XXXXX look like the names of properties and stuff.

It looks like all (or many) of the properties that you could change
programmatically fire an event when they are changed, which is pretty cool
actually.  One of my frustrations with Access (VBA) is that you never know
when a property changes (not enough events).

http://folding.stanford.edu/